Are you looking for some exciting and adventurous places to visit in Coimbatore? Then you are at the right place! Coimbatore, the city of textile mills, is also known for its thrilling adventure spots. From trekking to camping to water sports, this city has it all. In this blog, you will get to know about some of the most popular adventure places in and around Coimbatore. So, let’s get started and explore the wonderful world of adventure places in Coimbatore!
- Kovai Kondattam Adventure Park
The best adventure place in Coimbatore is the Kovai Kondattam Adventure Park. Located on the Leepakshi Road, 8 kilometres away from the city, this park is truly a hub of adventure activities.
Here are some of the best Activities to do in the Kovai Kondattam Adventure Park.
- Paintball arena – The park offers one of the best Paintball arenas in town, where you can have an ultimate combat game with friends or family.
- Zip Lining – Throwing down many exciting challenges, from a hardly-traversed ravine deep in the valley to traversing through the longest zip line in Asia, the Zip Lining attraction is sure to get an adrenaline rush in your veins.
- Swings – Boasting of a wide variety of escapes from everyday life, Kovai Kondattam Adventure Park offers adventure swings like the Pendulum to the Raider where you can be sure to enjoy a unique flying experience.
- Climbing Wall – One of the major attractions is its outdoor rock-climbing wall, which gives you an opportunity to test your climbing skills and conquer a 30-foot-high rock wall.
- Kayaking – The Kayaking facility at the park offers a breezy and thrilling experience.
- Rope Cargo Bridge and Walk – Challenge your balance with the Rope Cargo Bridge, where you will have to cross a 35-feet long rope cargo bridge, and then proceed to the walk-over on a 4-inch wide net.
- Buggy Riding – Take a high-speed spin around the park on a special buggy, equipped with powerful revved up engines.
- Archery – Test your shooting skills with a range of high-end bows and arrows. Here at Kovai Kondattam Adventure Park, Archery is a much-loved activity.
- Velliangiri Mountains
One of the best adventure places to visit in Coimbatore is the Velliangiri Mountains. Situated about 60 kilometres from the city, Velliangiri Mountains are a part of Western Ghats of the Coimbatore district. Here are some of the activities the visitors can enjoy in the Velliangiri Mountains:
- Trekking: The region is ideal for trekking with different trails of varied difficulty levels. Trekking in the natural beauty of these mountains can be a great experience.
- Camping: Several camping sites have been set up in the region. Adventure enthusiasts can spend a few days camping here.
- Bird Watching: The region is home to different species of birds that can be spotted during the trek.
- Wildlife Sightseeing: The area is popular for its tigers and elephants. One can spot these animals if they are lucky.
- Mountain Biking: The mountains are marked by winding trails that make them perfect for mountain biking. It’s a great way to explore the region.
- Fishing: Fishing in the streams here can be a fun experience for adventure lovers.
- Boating: The area is known for its boating activities. People can enjoy this activity in the nearby dams and lakes.
- Siruvani dam and reservoir
Coimbatore is an interesting city in South India nestled at the foot of the Nilgiris. It is known for its many adventure activities such as trekking, rock climbing, white water rafting, mountain biking, paragliding and hot air ballooning. One of the best adventure places in Coimbatore is the renowned Siruvani dam and reservoir.
This spectacular location has many attractions and activities for adventure seekers. Here are the best activities to do at Siruvani:
- Trekking: Siruvani Reservoir is a well-known spot for trekking and hiking among the adventurous. The longest trek is around 16 km and it can be completed in 3-4 hours of hiking.
- Rock climbing: With its rugged terrain and beautiful scenery, Siruvani reservoir is a great spot for rock climbers. Various ascent routes are available, making it suitable for all levels of climbers.
- Paragliding: Paragliding over the vast reservoir will be an exhilarating and unforgettable experience. The best time to take off is during the early mornings when there is ample thermal lift available.
- Hot Air Ballooning: This exciting activity can be done at Siruvani reservoir. There are many certified companies that offer hot air balloon rides with experienced pilots.
To know about nightlife and fun activities to do in Coimbatore, you can check out a detailed blog here. If you are looking for Coimbatore hotels, no doubt Treebo hotels in Coimbatore are the best.
- RockFort Adventure and Trekking
One of the most interesting adventure places in Coimbatore is RockFort Adventure and Trekking. Located in the outskirts of the city, the cliffs of RockFort offer a perfect setting for adventure activities like rock climbing, rappelling and trekking.
Best activities to do at RockFort Adventure and Trekking:
- Rock Climbing: RockFort Adventure and Trekking has some of the most challenging rock formations for rock climbing. The spot, which is reachable by a 45-minute drive from the city centre, is suitable for both novice and experienced rock climbers.
- Rappelling: With a dramatic landscape of tall cliffs, hiking trails and a sparkling river, rappelling is a must-try adventure activity at RockFort Adventure and Trekking.
- Trekking: The trekking trails at RockFort Adventure and Trekking are perfect for moderate to complex hiking. With tranquil streams, lush greenery and picturesque sights along the way, it is a perfect spot for a day of intrepid exploration.
- Camping: RockFort Adventure and Trekking has some of the finest camping spots in Coimbatore. Enjoy a night of stargazing, bonfire, and music amidst the wilderness around.
There are lots of hotels in Coimbatore which provide RockFort Adventure and Trekking packages from their travel desk, you can get benefits from them too.
- Kovai Kutralam
Kovai Kutralam, a beautiful destination offers a rich cultural experience alongside plenty of thrilling activities for tourists.
Here are some of the best activities to enjoy in Kovai Kutralam:
- White Water Rafting: It is one of the amazing and exciting outdoor adventure activities available at Kovai Kutralam. The challenging rapids make this activity even more adventurous.
- Rappelling: It is an activity where participants ascend down from an elevated position with the help of a rope. One can enjoy the thrilling experience of rappelling at Kovai Kutralam.
- Kayaking: Enjoy the thrilling view of the landscapes while paddling on this beautiful waterbody.
- Flying Fox: Have a wonderful aerial experience while experiencing the adrenaline ride of flying fox.
With this, if you’re looking for some thrills and adventure, make sure you add Kovai Kutralam to your bucket-list. There are plenty of Treebo Coimbatore hotels available near Kovai Kutralam where you can spend your night and go for early mornings trekking from there.
Coimbatore is one of the most impressive cities to explore if you’re looking for adventure. From the top of Monkey Falls to the depths of Valparai, this vibrant city offers everything a nature-lover could ever wish for. With the highest peak in the Nilgiris, Valparai offers a perfect spot for trekking and exploring. Monkey Falls is a gorgeous picnic spot that offers stunning views of panoramic valleys and lush greenery. Plus, there’s Black Thunder Theme Park, making it one of the best amusement parks in India. And lastly, Nilgiris offers a plethora of activities, such as boating, cycling, and forest walks. With all these exemplary places, Coimbatore is definitely a must-visit for any adventure enthusiast.